Sunday 30 December 2012

RAW AVOCADO VANILLA BEAN LIME CHEESE CAKE

Happy New years everyone! 1 more day left of 2012, I'm so excited for new adventures and experiences to come in 2013! I though I would make one last awesome desert before I start my week juice cleanse in January! This I think is so far my favourite combination of flavours, I have become a huge fan of "real" vanilla beans, so amazing! I kept saying "this smells amazing!" while making this cake, can't believe I have been missing out on them for so long, I'm going to try more recipes with them to enhance the flavour~







INGREDIENTS: ( makes 6 - 8"cake)

CRUST:
1/3 Cup Almond flour
1/4 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4 Medjoole dates (soak in hot water)
1 TSP melted coconut oil

FILLING:
2 Large organic avocados
3 TBS raw un pasteurised honey
1 TSP pure vanilla extract
1/3 seeds of vanilla bean
6 drops stevia
5 TBS melted coconut oil
4 TBS coconut mana / butter
Pinch of salt

TOPPING:
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
4 drops of stevia
1/2 TSP gelatin

DIRECTIONS:

- In a food processor combine almond meal, coconut and dates
- Add in melted coconut oil (make sure the mixture is sticky enough to press into a spring form pan)
- Press crust into the bottom of a 6" - 8" spring for pan (or into silicone cup cake cups)
- In a blender blend combine all filling ingredients except the coconut oil & mana
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the coconut mana making sure all the clumps are disintegrated
- Add in the coconut mixture mixing well into the rest of the filling
- Pour filling overtop of crus and place in freezer
- IN a sauce pan heat up raspberries
- Add in stevia and gelatin , mix well
- Remove cake from freezer and pour the raspberry mixture over top making sure its level
- Now place into the fridge and allow to set for min 4 hours