Thursday 6 December 2012

PALEO TOMATO ZUCCHINI PASTA

People always ask me how I live with out pasta, well although I dont eat grains , I can still enjoy pasta just in a totally unique way! This was one of my first ever Paleo Meals. Super simple and sooo tasty! Just cut up strips of zucchini and steam for a few minutes, then add any sugar free tomato sauce , or make you own! A little bit of tomato paste, chopped up tomatoes, garlic onion. You can add herbs like basil or cilantro to add a bit of PiZaM to this meal :)




INGREDIENTS:

Zucchini
Tomato paste
Diced tomatoes
Fresh basil
Oregano
Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Add any type of meet to sauce, such as grass fed ground beef

DIRECTIONS:

- Thinly slice zucchini with a paring knife or mandolin
- Lightly steam for 2 - 3 minutes
- Combine tomato paste, diced tomatoes and spices and heat in pan
- Drain zucchini noodles and pore pasta sauce over top